New California Republic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the NCR forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kensington Subway Escape

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dom.S

Dom.S

Kensington Subway Escape Empty
PostSubject: Kensington Subway Escape   Kensington Subway Escape EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 3:26 am

7/15/2012

I had located a junkyard ran by a man named Nigel today. He had sent me out to go find his missing, Elvis-impersonating, brother. Weird, I know. I set out immediately thinking it would be a quick run to get to the place where his brother was last seen.

Nope. It wasn't.

It wasn't until I was several blocks away from the place Nigel indicated to me that I realized I was dead-tired and that I had walked a long way. I didn't even realize it. I guess this was eventually bound to happen to me, I've been roaming
these streets for as long as I have. I checked my map for any nearby locations to hide out for the night.

None of them were conveniently close by. At least, no safe-houses were, anyway. Somewhat luckily, I happened to be near a subway, the Kensington subway line, so I hoped that I would be safe there. Better than being out on the open street, right?

I thought I might get lucky and find no enemies shambling about in the subway entrance so I could safely take a quick hour break, get that second wind of energy back. I guess I was sort of lucky since there were only a horde of six or seven sewer-worker undead about 70 yards away and a pair of some other sewer workers just out of range of my B18C semi-auto handgun. I took care to hide myself behind a dark corner at the other end of the stairway panel while their backs were turned.

It really hurt to move, I was so tired, though. I was on the verge of collapsing. That had only happened to me once and even then, I was lucky to make it inside a safehouse by the time I fell. Didn't feel any less terrible then and I sure as hell didn't want to repeat that now, in dangerous territory. So I just sat there, feeling like hell but trying not to make any sound. My sight got blurry and my limbs felt bloodless. I tried not to fall asleep, knowing that the zombies in this area were likely to find me idling about. Still, my eyelids got heavy. "Only an hour, Dom, only an hour..." I thought to myself as I nodded off.

I thought then and there that I'd slip into a coma but I slipped in and out of consciousness throughout my hour-long ordeal. "Is this what delirium feels like?" I thought. The encroaching moans of zombies prematurely stopped that train of thought, however. Luckily, I just so happened to had slipped back into consciousness and my eyesight got better, a sign that I survived the worst of my fatigue. Surviving the threat right in front of me, however, was going to be a different entirely....

So I thought at least. It was the pair of sewer workers I saw earlier that shambled up to me. I struggled with my hiking backpack to get up out of my corner but they closed in quickly. They moaned, snarled as they got close, tried to grab at me. I pushed my attacker back forcefully into his undead partner. I ran past them quickly before they could recover, noting their half-assed last attempt to swipe at me as I got away. I bolted up the stairs in pure desperation, hoping to get somewhere legitimately safe.

I was back on the street again when I checked my map. Several blocks straight up from me, I found I would end up at the Shady Sands Military Police Center. The Living Center, where I wanted to go to, didn't seem possible as I felt
ready to blow over already, my fear-fueled adrenaline boost wearing off and sapping my remaining stamina as it went. So I marched steadily up the block and had no encounter as I approached the welcoming door of the MP Center. The barricades were a bit scuffed up but I was a hell of a lot safer here than I was in my dark little corner over an hour ago.

Back to top Go down
Jooseppi Ramponen

Jooseppi Ramponen

PostSubject: Re: Kensington Subway Escape   Kensington Subway Escape EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 4:24 pm

Well written nice to read, thanks for posting. Makes me think if we had a thread for posting NCR Down! If others are online we can help one another out. I think the thread would just be Posts of in need of help. If we cant boost the others SP, we could at least heal and clear the area out.
Back to top Go down
Dom.S

Dom.S

PostSubject: Re: Kensington Subway Escape   Kensington Subway Escape EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 5:18 pm

Very Happy Oh, cool XD Thanks for reading it. Yeah, it would be nice if players could give assistance to heal some of the SP of other characters along with HP. I would like a thread where people can go to in case they are in trouble, sounds nice Smile
At that time though, I figured the monsters can't kill me while I am offline and an attack while idle won't stop me from recovering SP so I'd be fine if I was offline for a little while. I just personally didn't want my character to be stuck like that until he recovered all his SP, even though I technically could have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kensington Subway Escape   Kensington Subway Escape Empty

Back to top Go down

Kensington Subway Escape
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New California Republic Forum :: Literature :: Stories from the Wasteland-
Jump to: